17 March 2011

Good ol' Days

Do you ever stop and think back to the days where everything seemed awesome all the time and nothing was really much of a big deal? I sure do...

I also realize that I really do miss some of the people who were in my life back then. There were those that I could talk to for hours upon hours and just go drive around with and time just completely stood still. Certain people who I considered my best friends and never ever worried about them judging me or being two faced. I could call them at any hour of the day or night and I knew they would be right there for me. It really hurts to stop and think that I don't have that kind of relationship with them anymore and that I wish things were different.

Don't get me wrong, I love my life now but I think it would be a much better place if I could still have the friendships I did back then. I did bring it on myself though, there were things I said and did that I shouldn't have and I am now really beginning to regret that. I don't think there's ever going to be a chance for me to take back those things and make our friendships the way they were and I hate that. All I can say is that I really hope I can just hold on to what's left and just remember the good times. The late nights, the long drives, all the fun and happy times we had.

So to those who have amazing wonderful people in your life, just take a second to remind yourself how important they are and don't ever take them for granted.

2 comments:

  1. You know, it isn't always easy, but it is possible to repair those ruptures in relationships. Just the fact that you're putting it out there is a 1st step. If you take that step forward to try to make amends, you will either get a positive response or you won't. It can't get any worse by trying to make it better. More than likely, you might only get ignored. It's difficult facing possible rejection. You're at the same time facing possible acceptance. Keep trying. You're doing for yourself so you can feel that you're doing all you can. That's the most you can do. Go forward and I'll stand behind you as best I can. You're long lost uncle is right behind you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Uncle Gary, that means a lot.

    ReplyDelete